Wednesday, June 3, 2009

They're home!!!

Ok, so I got approved for the two cats, and I picked them up this afternoon. Both a beautiful, but there seems to be one small problem. They seem to hate each other...
Mischief, the oldest (so she should technically know better), has been doing nothing but hissing at the little guy, Moe (now Marvin). So he is now terrified of her and practicing his hissing at his reflection. First couple hours home and he's already berating himself in the mirror!!! Meanwhile she is practicing avoidance and hiding anywhere she possible can.
Frankly, it's breaking my heart a little. Can't they just get along? I've never been in charge of another living thing, and this is breaking my heart. I feel like a failed as a.... as a parent (yes, I said it, these little felines are my children for all intents and purposes). Now I know how my mom felt when me and my sister fought.
I hope this is just a phase, and that with time they'll get used to each other and this will pass. And if it is, I hope it's a goddamn short phase. Or even better, maybe Mischief isn't really hissing, maybe it's just a really stubborn hairball that she's having trouble clearing.
There is always hope!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment