Friday, June 5, 2009

Round two

On my way to work yesterday evening, I got a call from my sister during which she informed that my niece had something to tell me. Me, I assumed it was regarding my new cats considering she is a bit obsessed with "Tia's kitties". But no, my G gets on the phone, and in the excited and adorably high pitched voice only a 2 year old can master, tells me "I'm gonna be a big sister, tia! The baby's name is Little Foot. No tia, it's chomper. Baby Chomper. Where are the kitties?" Knowing the little one on the other side of the phone, I was able to follow her train of thought and flights of ideas, and deduced that she was watching The Land Before Time which provided her with the inspiration for the baby names.
I was, and am, appropriately thrilled to be a tia again. But I also have my reservations. How am I, as a self-respecting aunt, going to properly spoil this child when I'm broke? And will I be able to make it to Portugal to buy the required goods from the motherland for this new baby. To make matters even more pressing, the baby is due on my birthday!!! So much for spending my 28th at Nazare like I had been planning. Got to be here for the big arrival.
What to do and when to go? Does it really matter, when there's a miracle on the way? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment