Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Newby

So, I have never blogged nor journaled in the past. And frankly, I can't think of why I am starting this as I am nothing more than your average Joe (perhaps it would be more correct to say Jane). So please, bear with me while I get the hang of this.
A little background, I'm 27 and newly living on my own and free from parental units (late bloomer I know). I'm a nurse in a very busy pediatric intensive care unit (and notice it's pediatric not neonatal) and I LOVE my job. There are days it sucks and where I wish I never had to set foot into a hospital again, but I don't know who I would be if I wasn't a nurse. So much of me changed once I got my license, and I would never go back.
Now, the apartment. It is scarcely furnished, but every piece I do have in here, I adore. It's truly a wonderful and magical thing to have your own space with your own stuff and just your company to deal with. I may work with people everyday, but in general I prefer my own company to anyone else's. Not that I'm a loner or anything, I'm actually quite sociable. But there is no equivalent in the world to peace and quiet after a long day.
I suppose I will be testing this theory at the end of the week when I go to meet some dogs that are up for adoption. I'm one of those weird girls who love animals, even the creepy crawly ones that usually draw a scream out of their unsuspecting victims. However, I have never owned a pet. I'm a bit scared that I won't take care of it properly or that I won't have the patience for it. As said before, I like being alone, and it worries me that that may surpass my caring for the animal. Bizarre, I know, a nurse worrying about not properly caring for something. So in order to practice I got plants (laugh now, I know it's ridiculous). To justify this action, let me explain myself. A plant is a living, breathing thing that needs proper care to thrive. They need water and sunlight and pruning. All of these things I have done, and my plants are thriving nicely. So I think I could handle a dog. The one catch being that the plants don't make a peep. That may be the only glitch in my plan...
Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment